Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cooking Thursday Tangy Tender chicken


Time for another recipe! Sandra from Diary of a SAHM is hosting Cooking Thursday so head over to her place to see what's cooking today!

The recipe I'm sharing is new for us. It's a crockpot recipe that we all liked.



Tangy, Tender Chicken

1 pound baby carrots
1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
6 skinless chicken pieces - breasts, tenders, thighs, whatever you like
20 ounce can pineapple chunks
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 2 bouillon cubes, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
hot, cooked rice

In 4-5 quart crockpot, place carrots, green pepper and onion on bottom. Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour pineapple over chicken.
Add brown sugar, soy sauce, bouillon, salt, ginger and garlic powder to reserved pineapple juice; stir well and pour over ingredients in crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. gradually stir into crockpot juice and cook on high for about 30 minutes until thickened.
Serve over rice.


15 comments:

Sandra said...

Ooooohhh I'm totally bookmarking this one :)

Darla said...

this sounds great! something my family would love...however my husband has found out that he is allergic to chicken now. i wonder if i can use pork and it be just as good?

Linda said...

Oh Mari, this looks delish! I'll be giving this recipe a try soon!

septembermom said...

This looks delicious. Thanks Mari!

Sadie said...

I know what I want for dinner tonight! Looks YUMMY! I am bookmarking this one for sure! Thanks for sharing!

Pat said...

This is a dish I would really enjoy...however, my husband doesn't care for meat/fruit main dishes. Go figure!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh yummy, yummy!!!!! We both love anything chicken and rice.
This, I'll give it a try.

Aspiemom said...

That looks quite delicious! I'm going to have to try this one soon!

Sharon said...

I am going to give one a try real soon as it sure does look yummy.
Hope you have lots of fun while your son is home.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

Angel said...

Another recipe I will have to try!! I need to start sharing recipes, just never think about it.

I am having a giveaway on my blog, come by if you get a chance!!

Love and Blessings

Anonymous said...

This looks so good!!! I will have to try this one too. You always post such good recipes!

Unknown said...

Oh yummy, My mom used to make something like that but she called it no peek stew..

Renee said...

Oh, YUM! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

This sounds really yummy! I'm putting it on my list to try. Thanks!

Shelly said...

I am making your recipe today. I know that I will like it, we will see how the rest of the family does.Have fun with Andy this week!