Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Works for me Wednesday


The tip I have for today is one that I have shared before, but since the new year is coming, I thought it was a good time to share again.
This time of year there are a lot of the small purse size monthly calenders available for free. For at least 10 years I've taken advantage of that, and I use them to write down my meal plans. I plan meals for 2 weeks at a time, and try to do my grocery shopping accordingly.
Having meals planned saves me a lot of trouble when I come home from work, because I don't have to think about what I can make with what we have in the house.
The calenders are so handy to look back at, both for ideas when my brain isn't coming up with something and to see what we may have been doing a few months or even a year ago, since I also write in it when we are going out or with friends... I keep a few years of these tucked away for reference.
For more tips, visit Kristen at We are THAT Family.

15 comments:

Susan said...

Great idea. Glad you posted it because I didn't see it the first go round.
Susan

LuAnn said...

Thanks Mari!!

Anonymous said...

sounds so inspiring...

now to actually get to doing that which i'd like to do...that's the kicker. haha

Bonnie said...

That's a great idea! I think it will help me in my weight loss goals as well because I eat better when I plan ahead. Will pick up a purse sized calendar this week!

septembermom said...

I really need to do this.

Thanks Mari!

Just Mom said...

I'm somewhat new to your blog, so I hadn't seen that tip before. Thank you for reposting it. :-D

Connie said...

Great idea! I also store my coupons in this little book.

Kathy said...

I love that idea! I saw some larger monthly calendars yesterday at Walgreens for $2. Sounds like a wonderful plan, Mari.

Sandra said...

Thanks for the idea. Now to get organized and try it.

Stacy said...

Great idea. Never thought of it. Now I'm going to be searching for one of these!

Brooke said...

i'm a meal planner, but i'm a little anxious because i haven't started on next year yet.

jay's dad is in real estate so he gives us a fridge calendar every year (its a marketing tool for him but i love it!)

Kim said...

You are SOOOOO organized! I love your tips.

Debbie said...

I cannot function without a meal plan. Seriously. I feel completely lost without one.

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

I agree with you that having a purse sized calendar works wonders for keeping appointments listed so when you have to make a decision last minute, you can check to see if you have anything pending that may interfere.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cherdecor said...

That is a great tip!