Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday



It's been awhile since I've posted a Slow Cooker recipe, but it's time!
Here's a twist on regular burritos. I think you'll enjoy these.

Steak Burritos
2 flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon vinegar
10 flour tortillas (7 inches)
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped, seeded plum tomatoes
3/4 cup sour cream

Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in 4 quart slow cooker which has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with onions, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook for 9 hours on low, until meat is tender. Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with 2 forks.
Return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon about 1/2 cup of meat mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold ends and sides over filling.
Yield: 10 servings

For more Slow Cooking Recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

16 comments:

Kayren said...

That sounds pretty good to me. Do you think I'd need to make double for my crew? I think I'll substitute my homemade taco seasoning too.

I was just thinking yesterday that I was ready to bring out the crock pot. This is one of the first new recipes I'll try!

Heidi said...

Looks delicious. Too much cheese for most of my lactose intolerant crew. But I will make it for my fam when they gather here next time.

Mary said...

Mari,

Fall is in the air and time to get out the slow cooker. Thanks for the recipe. I always enjoy these.

Just letting you know that if you sent me the five words, I didn't receive them.

Blessings,
Mary

Hootin Anni said...

Oh, this just sounds too awesome to pass up...I'm gonna copy this and make it soon. I LOVE Mexican foods.

Have a super Thursday Mari.

Perri said...

This will be Sunday night dinner. It can cook while I go to church and then a baby shower. Thanks!

Kim said...

I just noticed that we had a couple of flank steak in the freezer that I needed to use (we get a half cow at a time). I'm gonna give this one a try. Thanks Mari ~

Renee said...

This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

Your recipe comes in just the right time. With such a busy school schedule and work with hubby, we are super exhausted by dinner time that no one really wants to make dinner. I have solved that with crock pot meals during the busy week.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sandra said...

I can't wait for more of your recipes. I'll have to share this one with my sister.

Raise Them Up said...

Sounds like a great way to use those flank steaks! (We get a half of beef, too) Thanks, Marie!

Pat said...

Sounds yummy...I'll be right over!

Anonymous said...

You are making me hungry! And its 3am!!

Laying in bed feeling sick took a gravol waiting to sleep because I have to hike at 9. And then see family again after lunch!

I start a new job Monday! I hope I'll be able to, b/c r8 now I feel like hurling. :(

I hope this feeling of throwing up gets worse! :)

And I hope its every morning for the next few weeks!! Hehe

(written using my phone while in bed)

I want a bean taco from tacotime tomorrow. I'm craving beans!!

Rebekah said...

with the leaves starting to change colors, I am reminded that I need to get me a new crockpot. Soup & stew season will be here soon

Sandra said...

Mari, this sounds SO good, yum.

Jen said...

This sounds so good. Anything with taco seasoning in it my kids LOVE! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Mari,
This sounds wonderful. I love minestrone.