Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

Main Street Story Walk

 There is a small town across the river from us, that is known for it's railroad, it's farm museum and it's known as the birthplace of Del Shannon.  I think it's a cute little town and I like it's main street.   Last week they had an event called Main Street Story Walk.  They decorated the windows of the stores to go along with books, and had an ice sculpture event that also went with stories.


Here's downtown Coopersville!  As you can see, it's not too big.



This is the center of town, with a clock tower, a gazebo and the old passenger train in the background.  The train is a fun thing; they have special events at different times of the year - a Santa train, a pumpkin train, mystery rides and just tours.  I went with my DIL last year when they were in town and had fun.


Here's some of the decorated storefronts. My photos didn't turn out good because it was so sunny, the reflection caused issues.

Here's a Magic School Bus - with kids and a bus driver from Coopersville.



A section of The Jungle Book theme in this window.




Under the Sea - with paper mache characters.


And here's some of the fun ice sculptures.  I had a terrible time with these pics too because of the sun shining on clear ice.


This horse and the sea dragon were under the gazebo.


a sea dragon




In the center of town is this big outside fireplace.  In this area they had a bunch of Disney inspired ice sculptures.


         
Here's a glass slipper



A bunny



Ariel from The Little Mermaid



The Cheshire Cat



An Ice Castle

It was a fun event to walk through.



17 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

How charming! It seems every small town has a clock just like the one in your second photo. Usually the name of the town is imprinted just above the clock face. I love how ornate those clocks are. Also I would like to know why there was not an ice sculpture of a pirate. xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a fun event. I just love the center of town. And my very favorite sculpture by far is The Cheshire Cat! I wish I could attend this! Small town activities are so much fun!!

Hootin Anni said...

I L❤️ved All of this!!!

Joyful said...

Hi Mari, this looks like a cute little town. I find the USA has a lot of cute little towns with lots of charm. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a neat little town. I would love to visit there. Happy Tuesday.

Martha said...

Looks like a lot going on for such a tiny little town. I love how they decorated the windows and the ice sculptures are beautiful!

Arlene G said...

I loved seeing these snow sculptures...thanks for sharing the beauty of the north.

DUTA said...

Lovely little town, worth walking through it!
Its center with the impressive clock, ice sculptures, and various decorations is sure an attraction!

Jean said...

What a cute place! And I love all the themed displays. Actually, your first two pictures reminded me of Bellefonte a few miles from here.

Terri D said...

I love stuff like that! What a fun time! The sculptures are all great and the decorated windows are so fun! I would have enjoyed being there with you!

Joyful said...

I left a comment a few days ago but it doesn't appear. I'm sorry Mari maybe I nullified the comment by doing back page or something. That happens from time to time. I was saying in my comment that you are fortunate in the USA to have many lovely and charming little towns.

Jeanette said...

I'll have to visit that little town next time I'm over that way! We just had a ice sculpture festival in Plymouth a few weeks ago. It's pretty popular!

Debi said...

This looks like a lot of fun. I love events like this.

Doris Fahnestock said...

Love this! Litltz, which is a neat little town near here, does an ice walk every year. Ellen got to go see it this year with her life skills companion, Mary. The clock is very similar to the one in Manheim, my hommetown! I love small towns ♥

LL Cool Joe said...

I had no idea that Del Shannon was born there. What a cute town!

Beth Cotell said...

What an adorable downtown! Looks like a fun time.

Changes in the wind said...

This was great!! thanks for sharing.