Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Looks like Christmas!

My Christmas decorations are all up and I thought I would share what it looks like here.


I hang a wreath on the gate to the side yard, but it's getting covered in snow!
We also have two small trees with lights on them, on the front porch.


This milk can has a new sign for the season.  It's in the garage by the back door.


A cute sign in the back entry.



This is the dining room.


This kissing ball is hanging in the dining room.  It was a gift from one of my residents a few years ago and always makes me think of her.


This is on our table.


 This little grouping is in our living room.  I made the tiny nativity set in MOPS a few years ago.


 Here's another nativity set in our living room.  This one sets on top of a cabinet where it stays safe.  Laura made it for me when she was 16.  It's got lots of pieces - even little chickens!


Here's a closer view of the shepherds, sheep and a few cows.


I've got some fun pillows out!



 Bob carved this cute Santa several years ago.  Doesn't he make you smile?



We don't have a fireplace, so our stockings hang from a shelf.


We have another nativity set in the family room downstairs.  This is an old one, it belonged to Bobs family when he was growing up. We inherited it when his mom and step-dad moved into an independent living facility a few years ago.


One more room!  For the first time, I decorated the bathroom!
 I found this cute little tree at Michaels and thought it fit just right in that spot!



This spot needed a sign and the Joy to the World sign was perfect.

I'll share the tree another day.

14 comments:

Karen said...

Everything looks so nice! I'm envious of your snow. We haven't had one drop of snow yet this year. The forecast for Friday is 68!

Joyful said...

The snow outside also helps the mood of Christmas. The house is looking lovely with it's Christmas splendor. I really like the kissing ball given to you by one of the residents.

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas decor. Bob's gate with the wreath is lovely, as is his carved Santa. You have some treasured Nativity sets, too.

Hootin Anni said...

It's all wonderful Mari!!! And, I look forward to your tree photos.

Arlene G said...

I always enjoy seeing everyone's pretty Christmas things. That candle with the snow and holly is so pretty. I may have to make one for myself.

Linda said...

I have one of those kissing balls, my secret sister from church one year gave it to me. I just love your décor, so very friendly and welcoming. smiles

Have a beautiful day friend, its snowing here in buckets, smiles.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Everything looks so nice, and I love traditions and things we keep from the past. You find some good things for sure and the little tree in the bathroom is just right! Blessings to you today.

Changes in the wind said...

Love that Santa...

Terri D said...

I love your decorations, Mari! The house looks festive and so comfy! I especially love the carved Santa that Bob made. He is SO talented!

Sally said...

Oh, so beautiful, Mari! I love the Nativity scenes especially. Bob sure can make wonderful things with his craft, and you have a gift for decorating. It all makes me smile. :)

xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I love all your vignettes! You really have a talent for them. I love Laura's nativity the best. She has great talent too!

We have snow here also with more coming tomorrow. I am glad that I do not have to go out in it yet. It is very, very cold here.

LL Cool Joe said...

It all looks lovely, I like the tree in the bathroom that's a nice touch. I remember the nativity scene that Laura made from previous years. Very cute.

Jenny said...

Always so homey, so comfy-cozy! I'd like to curl up by that fireplace you don't have and chat over a cup of hot chocolate. xoxo

Laura said...

It all looks so cute!