Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cooking Thursday


Today's recipe is one I tried recently for a Sunday morning breakfast. As the recipe promised it was easy to throw together, and yummy too!
You can find more good recipes over at Sandra's place. Head over there and check it out!



Easy Cream Cheese Danish

2 cans crescent rolls - I use the recipe creations version with no perforations
2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan. Lay 1 package crescent rolls in bottom of pan.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth and pour over crescent roll in pan.
Lay second package of crescents over cream cheese mix and brush with egg white.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and cool for 20 minutes.
Mix together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to make a glaze and pour over danish and serve.

12 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I'm sure it's just as tasty and delicious as you say it is....Bud loves everything sweet, so I'll have to give it a try. Oh, and Mari.....LOVE your wordless Wednesday image. The tree looks so stately, and the sky colors....perfection.


ON THE WINGS OF A DOVE

Pat said...

This looks like my kind of breakfast! Pass me a slice and fill my coffee cup!!!

Sandra said...

Oh boy, and I haven't even had breakfast yet, this looks so yummy Mari.

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy!!! Will have to try it when we get home.

Kim said...

Sounds yummy!

Betsy Brock said...

Mmmmm...a piece of that would be perfect with my after-dinner tea right now! :)

Cherdecor said...

I made this recipe back in 2001. One of my students made it and brought it in for me to taste. I had to have the recipe! It was scrumptious!

Unknown said...

That looks good , I just might have to try it . Thanks for coming to my blog & your kind comment . I haven't written on it lately sorry to say . Can't think of any thing to post . Have a great day friend .

Christina said...

All I can say is YUMM-O!

Anita said...

Even "I" can do that! Or better yet, my kids. :)

Kim said...

Easy-peasy. I am gonna give this one a try.

Jenny said...

Get thee behind me, satan! *smack slurp*