Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas


Sandra at Diary of a SAHM is hosting Cooking Thursday again. Stop over at her place and check out the other recipes.
I'm sharing one of our favorites today. Hope you like it too!




Chicken Enchiladas

2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in green chilies, sour cream and soup. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese. Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up. Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I was just getting the Slow Cooking Thursday post set up :)

I love chicken enchiladas, I'll have to try your recipe, thank you for sharing Mari :)

Unknown said...

That seems like a very easy recipe. I wonder if I can get by with sneaking it in on the weekly menu or will the bonus kids complain???

Anonymous said...

I have these ingredients on hand. Thanks so much for your recipe, Mari.

Penny said...

Oooh, I love chicken enchiladas! I have a recipe that's more red sauce than cheese sauce; this one looks yummy, and I can't wait to try it!

Hootin Anni said...

Once again dear Mari...you have me swallowing hard, and drooling!!!!

Yum....Mexican dishes are a favorite around here.

Tasha said...

that loos so good im gonna have to try this one night

Jean said...

I think I can smell them just looking at that picture!! I definitely will try this. Last week I made the Pan Burritos and we really liked it.