I've often shared our visits to the Meijer Sculpture and Botanical Gardens here in Grand Rapids. It's always a beautiful place to visit, but right now there is an added reason to visit. Dale Chihuly, a world famous glass artist has shared many of his pieces, which are displayed all through the over 150 acres of gardens. I love seeing this art outside in the flowers and the water. Here's a few photos of the beauty we saw as we wandered the gardens.
I hope you enjoyed this little taste of this outside Chihuly Glass Exhibit!









Dear Mari, I absolutely love ❤️ your photos. The gardens are beautiful and captivating. The reflections in the water are stunning. And I love your photo at the end, you both look relaxed and content.
ReplyDeleteI've been a Chihuly fan for decades. My mom loved his work too. I love the glass balls in the boat! So beautiful. You look wonderful, my friend! xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to spend a relaxing day. The glass art is stunning, it fitted right into the gardens.
ReplyDeleteThe glass is amazing!! Thank you for sharing with us. And great photo of you two, too!
ReplyDeleteI love him! We went to his exhibit in Richmond. Your photos are great. Several are ones I have not seen.
ReplyDeleteThe works of art are fine and unique. They brighten up the landscape. There is a sense of peace and a special glow on both of your faces, as I have seen in some other believers. Heavenly Father's blessing to you.
ReplyDeleteOh my...what talent. No wonder he's world famous! Beautiful displays of his work. Thank you for sharing. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic display, Mari! I'd never heard of this artist. What a talent!
ReplyDeleteWow, what stunning art pieces. I love Chihuly's work and seeing it reflected in the water makes it even more special.
ReplyDeleteTerrific photos.
Sue
That is truly breath taking. I would love to see that.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Yes! I definitely enjoyed this Chuhily exhibit. If I had to choose a favorite of what you've shared here, it would be the boat with the long spikes of glass shooting upward. Looks like a party to me!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow - what a gorgeous exhibit! I love his glass art too. I saw one of his biggest installments once that was a giant hanging sculpture in the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It was breathtaking! Thanks for the tour!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous glass exhibit. Sure hope nothing happens to it when bad weather comes in. Janice
ReplyDeleteHello! What a stunning exhibit, my friend. Thank you for sharing it with us. And I loved seeing lovely you and your man!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice place to stroll around. Lovely picture of the two of you. :)
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your visits to this garden and those blown glass art objects enhance the beauty that is already there. Very nice photo of you both.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place. Oh, I love visiting places like this.
ReplyDeleteThose pieces are beautiful! I love how they're part of nature. Those red/orange thingies look like fire.
ReplyDeleteYes! I did,😊. Maybe I should visit Michigan..
ReplyDeleteAll so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteVery nice collection of photographs from the Chihuly Glass Exhibit.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Beautiful, but how they installed all the pieces is so interesting. I'd love to watch that!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting glass sculptures. I had never heard of him before.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite are the blue ones by the water. They look like blue herons.