Pages

▼

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Fall Garden

When I was a little girl, my Grandpa often said this little poem to me: "Mary, Mary, how does your garden grow?"  I thought of that as I was gathering pictures for this post. Things are fading in the garden this time of year.  Most of our flowers have quit blooming but there are still some new things popping out and a few others are giving us a second round of blooms.  Here's a few pics of what things are looking like in our yard.




Our garden is mostly flowers, but we are still getting a few tomatoes.






The morning glories were so slow to bloom this year, but finally they're blooming!  







 
These are called Fall Crocus. They send up green shoots in the Spring then completely die back until Fall, when these beautiful purple blooms pop up.





In the back by our storage shed, the phlox are looking kind of sad, but are still blooming.






Next to the phlox are these asters which are just starting to put on a show!





The spirea and the daisies are blooming for the second time.






The sedum are turning pink!







The hydrangeas are still blooming.






The ferns are starting to get yellow.






The woodland garden is going strong.





In this bed there are hardy cyclamen blooming for the first time this year.






This is a new path Bob put in our side yard, and he's been busy planting new things along the edges.







This is another new area that Bob put in last Fall.  It's hidden away in a back corner and it's fun to walk back and see things growing.






We have a lot of hosta's, a plant that grows well in our shady yard. This one is called an Empress Wu, one of our favorites because it's so big.








This is called Joe Pye Weed.  It's another one that pops up and flowers in the Fall.







The roses are blooming again after taking about a month off.







and the mushrooms are still popping up all over!






Last, but not least is one of my favorites - the cosmo flowers. These also bloom at the end of summer.

I'm enjoying each of them for as long as I can!

28 comments:

  1. Dear Mari, the only thing I ever heard about asters is that they are "late bloomers...Fall flowers", from my crossword puzzles! LOL! Now I know what they look like thanks to your lovely photo!
    So much beauty, gorgeous blooms!
    And the tomato looks great!
    Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
    I enjoyed this beautiful walk in your garden!
    I hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mari, I just love it all! I live in the city and I am a country girl at heart. Everything is so green and colorful on your property. Thanks for sharing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a lovely property! All that color! Everything just looks done and over in my yard. And that tomato! Oh, la la.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing and gorgeous variety! You have your own botanical garden! I think my favorite are the Asters. I have never seen Morning Glory this color!! The Cosmos are so pretty. We grew them from seed years ago, but never had much luck with them. I love the spirea. And the Fall Crocus, I have never heard of such a thing!!! They are very interesting. We just have the regular Crocus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari, Mari, how does your garden grow - with . . . The flowers are beautiful and does that tomato taste as good as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty blooms still hanging on, Mari!
    Love the asters and cosmos -- such a nice splash of color for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are still a lot of beautiful flowers blooming there. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is really gorgeous with so much variety growing everywhere. I love all of the flowers you have. I've never heard of or seen a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting your yard is like going to a botanical garden, Mari. Wow! I loved all your photos here. Thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful flowers you still enjoy. My morning glories never bloomed this year. Was so disappointed. Like yours though, mine is starting to go into hibernation. No new blooms. Love that huge hosta too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beauty my friend.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful memory from your Grandpa and how lovely all your plants are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a beautiful place to enjoy nature!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is beautiful. Most of mine is dying off too but I am still spotting new flowers and random things growing. I still have tomatoes that need to turn red and your flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your morning glories are a gorgeous color! Ours are the standard purple. I like yours better!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bob is a master garden planner!! Your yard is worthy of a blue ribbon for beauty!! I'm so blessed that I got to see it in person!! It is lovely, no matter the season! Thanks for sharing, Mari! Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a gorgeous piece of property! What a truly peaceful sanctuary you have! The flowers are beautiful, Mari. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You still have nice flowers! With the five very hot heat waves we have lost a lot of flowers
    Even if we watered them they have burnt. I don’t how will be the garden after our holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ... Your garden is amazing and that tomato made my mouth water. Your whole yard is like walking through a park. I sure would be out there all the time.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mari, you have a lovely yard! Bob has really been putting in the work. I like the path with the bench. I still have a few tomatoes each day, but they won't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow everything is looking beautiful around your garden. Love the paths.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mari . . . you still have some wonderful colours in your garden, it's looking good.

    Wishing you a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't realize you had such a big yard. It's beautiful. The cyclamen and cosmos are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mari! Your yard is lovely! Thanks for sharing the beauty you have right in your own back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this tour of your beautiful garden my Friend!! It’s still looking so beautiful & even a bit summery (though I’m happy to hear you’ve decorated for Fall! 😉). I especially love all the little hidden paths and corners. What a lovely space and the flowers are so pretty!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  26. Girl it's like you live in an arboretum. The beauty and lushness of it, everywhere you look! I wish I could do that. Bob is amazing. I love the way y'all layer things and it all looks so natural and effortless, nothing forced or fake. Just miraculous, and so calming. I feel as though I walked with you there today! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just LOVE your gardens, Mari!!!

    ReplyDelete

My blog is award free and tag free - but I love your comments!