Pages

▼

Monday, September 21, 2026

Come walk with me...

The weather has changed here making my morning walks a little different.  It's cooler, with temps often in the low 60's. The sunrise is later which makes everything look a little different when I go out.  It makes walking much more comfortable and the change in lighting makes me want to take more pictures as I walk.  So here's a few from some recent morning walks.




These are hard to see, but in a field near us, there have been some cranes most every morning.  I know my friends in Florida see them frequently, but they aren't as common here and are fun to see.






A little further down the road, the horses were out and grazing.





On this morning, I decided to walk to an area near us that is part of the State Recreation/Forest Area.  It's an 830 acre parcel, next to the Grand River that is mostly untouched, and is managed by the DNR for wildlife.  You can walk back on this trail and are surrounded by woods and marsh.





Here's a unique plant I saw along the way. It's called Virgins Bower and is a native climbing vine.





There was lots of goldenrod blooming and this field of it was at eye level with me.





I saw lots of animal tracks along the path.







aren't these the cutest mushrooms?







On my way back home I came upon this common sight in our area, lots of people have chickens. "Why did the chicken cross the road?"  I'm not sure, but it joined a friend on the other side.




The next pictures are from the next day.  It was a misty morning with beautiful light!


Isn't this a beautiful scene?  This is why I love the mornings this time of year.





One more photo from a little further down the road.

I hate to think of the weather changing, but for now I'm enjoying these mornings!

28 comments:

  1. Dear Mari, thank ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ™ ❤️ you for sharing these beautiful pictures of your walk. I love seeing the horses and the chicken, something I don't see here in a big city like Montreal. The mushrooms, animal tracks ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    goldenrod and magnificent views are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post . . . The only thing better would be to be there in person to walk with you ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures of your walk. The little mushroom trio is very cute, and I love that Virgins Bower vine. I haven't seen one of those before.
    When I saw the picture of the chicken, I had the same first thought--why did the chicken cross the street?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mari! You have a beautiful place place to walk. I love fall and fall walks. Great pictures. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are just wonderful! You have such a gorgeous area to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow have you captured some gorgeous moments!! That misty morning one is breathtaking and frame worthy. And you are the queen of the mushroom shots! They are also frame worthy pics. And the chicken moment gave me a giggle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Virgin's Bower is creepily beautiful!! I have never seen one, so this is a treat. Here is what I read about it :
    Virgin’s bower (Clematis virginiana) likely got its romantic name from its delicate, airy appearance. The vine produces masses of small white flowers and later develops silky, feathery seed heads that resemble a light, decorative canopy or "bower" draped over shrubs and fence.
    Cranes! They are rarely seen around here. The path looks so inviting, but those different animal tracks would make me a bit nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though there are signs of Autumn around here, the temperatues are still a bit Summery. I'm still wearing my short skirts. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Mari. Wishing you a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walking in your area would be so peaceful. More folks near us are getting chickens now too, but none are on the roads. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the mornings at this time of year. There's a crisp feel to the air and you are right, everything does look different.
    How cool to see the cranes and that trail looks great for a walk. That Virgins Bowers plant is interesting and the chicken crossing the road did make me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing all of the lovely photos from your walks. What a great area you live in. I do love the light in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mari...your area is so very pretty and you all have so many interesting kinds of bushes and plants all around. Different from what we have around here. I'm enjoying reading about your morning walks...not only is the air refreshing, but you are getting some great exercise in. The pictures are all so nice and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made my day to go on your walk with you....beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I loved your photos, Mari and that next to the last one is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mari, You sure have some wonderful places to walk. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Mari you got some gorgeous shots. The goldenrod! And those tall mushrooms are so whimsical! That misty-morning composition belongs in a frame. Yes this is the absolute best time of year for being outside. It's so gentle but wistful too. First day of fall! I shall enjoy it to the hilt ... xoxo ๐Ÿด‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally Gorgeous!!!
    I have a bit of envy for the places you have to take your morning walks on. They really charge my soul.
    The photo of your misty morning view with the beautiful sky is an absolute Wall Hanger. You must print it or have it put on canvas.
    The frilly plant, Virgins Bower, is so unusual. I really like it.
    Have a great day and enjoy the cooler weather.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your walking pictures are all beautiful. Such nice walking weather in the fall. When I start walking these mornings now it is still dark.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've said it many times, Mari. You are a creative and very accomplished photographer. Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, those are such beautiful photos! What a wonderful walking place! And how nice your have Sand Hill Cranes way up there also! I haven't seen ours lately and I do hope there will be enough water in the pond by the time they need to build a nest (December or thereabouts). You really live in a beautiful part of Michigan! Thank you for sharing the beauty with us! Happy First Day of Autumn, well almost...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mari, you have the most unique walk there. I don't understand the cranes tho. A lot of people see cranes. How can they be that far up north? I have never seen a crane here by us in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! We are having very cool, rainy days this week. Not loving it at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful collection of photographs Mari.
    I especially like the cute mushrooms and the beautiful scene near the end of your post.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos! I love the cute mushrooms.
    The morning light is beautiful . Here iris still sunny ,blue sky and hot! No rain yet we are waiting since May!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We see lots of birds we don't see a lot here in NC during migration season, that's the best! My son is an avid birdwatcher as well, so this is a great season for us. I love all of your photos, it certainly is beautiful in your corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a beautiful morning mist picture!

    ReplyDelete

My blog is award free and tag free - but I love your comments!