We've had a tradition of a back-to-school shopping day since our granddaughter Alaina was going into kindergarten. This tradition now includes Ruby and Cassie! We go out for lunch, buy a pair of shoes and usually try to get another clothing item as well. It's a fun day that we all look forward to.
School is starting here in a little over a week, so last week we had our day out.
First stop - Culvers for lunch.
Then we went shoe shopping and we were successful!
Shoes for Cassieand shoes for Ruby!
Our last stop of the day was a little cupcake shop for a treat. We had fun and I know the girls will enjoy those shoes. It's always a blessing to spend time together!
Bob and I are on a little getaway to celebrate our anniversary and won't be back until the end of the week, so I'll be missing from blogland until next week. See you then!









Dear Mari, all the shoes are lovely. The shorts are not my style, either. You all look great and I love your smiles.
ReplyDeleteI love the Curious George top.
All in all, it looks like a great day for all.
Enjoy your Anniversary Trip!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute shoes and what a wonderful tradition!
I hope you both have a wonderful anniversary! Looks like the girls are so delighted with the day! I actually like the shorts!
ReplyDeleteIt looked like a really fun day and that tradition is good for anyone who is starting a school. Curious George is only familiar to me from the TV series Friends, where Joey talks about it. It was nice to see a picture of it.
ReplyDeleteI really like this tradition! It looks like lots of fun and very nice!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Happy Anniversary to you and Bob! I hope you are having a wonderful time wherever you are! And now, to see your sweet grandgirls going shopping together with you is such a blessing. I know Cassie must feel like such a big girl now to be included in these adventures with her big cousins! Looks like they all found some great shoes and tops, and had fun with Grandma to boot!! (and some good food and cupcakes too!) Can't think of anything better than that! Love the water hydrant picture too! Have a wonderful anniversary getaway!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day, not only for you, but for the girls as well. I was surprised to see that you ate somewhere other than Chick-fil-A. :) The cupcakes look amazing...and yay for new shoes and shirts.
ReplyDeleteMy girls are done with school but now I have found I miss the back to school shopping trips. It sounds like you had a lovely day. The shoes are cute and I love the Curious George top!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary to you and Bob!
That is such a sweet tradition, Mari! It looks like the girls enjoyed every moment of their shopping with you. Have a safe and marvelous trip, my friend!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! You really are the good kind of grandma! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary.
ReplyDeleteThose crocheted shorts reminded me of the crocheted vests my gramma made for me when I was in school. Actually crocheted items are back in style. These pics reminded me of my own shopping for school days. So cute! Janice
ReplyDeleteI am sure that was a fun day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary and enjoy your trip.
Enjoy your trip. What a wonderful tradition with your girls.
ReplyDeleteCathy
That,sounds like fun - oh I remember those "back to school" shopping days with my mom and sister! Good memories. Happy Anniversary and have fun on your getaway!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! We do end of the school year shopping with our boys!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful tradition, Mari and one I know all the girls will remember fondly. Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mari, looks like the girls had fun shopping for shoes. Have a great anniversary get away!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary. Have a wonderful time away.
ReplyDeleteLove the tradition of going shopping for school things.
So many strong bonds are built doing those family things.
Sue
A fun day and a very successful shopping day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your getaway to celebrate your anniversary.
All the best Jan
Food, tops, and shoes. Sounds like a fun day and nice tradition. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your time away.
ReplyDeleteI always love the back-to-school outing! Such sweet smiles from girls who are grateful for all the things you do for them. And such delightful dining experiences! Next time I want to go! Hahaha xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! I saw some photos on FB and am happy to know you and Bob are off on a great adventure to celebrate! I love that you do the school shopping with the girls every year, and I know they love the tradition!! Cheers!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh my! Didn't I pick a good time to return to blogland and get to see you and those sweet girls. What a fun thing to do before school starts. You have such sweet girls. And, seeing Conner! (last post) He has grown so much! and is so cute.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Happy Anniversary to you and Bob! And then I've got to say, you really (I mean REALLY) know "how to grandmother." All the things you do with your family are wonderful, thoughtful, so appropriate, and helpful. I admire that in you so much.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the update on how these annual trips go! Time is flying and all of the Girls are getting so grown up. Looks like another successful trip that was also a lot of fun. :) Also, Happy Anniversary to you two Sweeties! Wishing you both so many blessings and many many more years of happiness. Have fun on your getaway! 💗
ReplyDeleteYou have the best traditions with your grands. Looks like Cassie is growing up and loving being included.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tradition! Love it. The girls are stylish and beautiful. They take after you!
ReplyDeleteI am late to the party so you are probably back home. what a fun day for all of you and a big helps with school clothes and shoes. I smiled at the two school girls shoes, those are what boys wore with their jeans when I was in school in the 50's.. now they are back and on boys and girls... I hope saddle oxfords never come back. I hates those shoes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tradition to have with the girls, and I can see why it has become something everyone looks forward to each year. It is really the ordinary outings like lunch, choosing shoes, trying on clothes and ending with cupcakes that become such precious memories as the children grow. I especially loved the little detail about the girls wanting a photo with the hydrant. They notice the funniest and sweetest things. Enjoy your anniversary getaway too, and I hope you and Bob have a wonderful time together.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice tradition. The girls all look happy with their finds, both shoes and shirt. We have a Culvers here, but I've never eaten there. Need to put it on our list. I've heard they're very good. Happy Anniversary to you and Bob. How many years? Hubby and I celebrated our 54th back in June. Hope your celebration/get away is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
Hello, my friend! What a wonderful day shopping and celebrating Back to School! Have a lovely vacation, and you look beautiful in the photo!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! My Mom used to take my kids shopping when they attended private school! Homeschoolers often miss out on this lol, but I remember those days well!
ReplyDeleteIt was a nice day and a good idea before school as you usually do. The girls are growing so quickly!
ReplyDelete