We had a very nice weekend. Our son Andy and wife Nikki came from Kentucky to spend the weekend here. The reason for the visit was to get a new family photo done. Our last one was way out of date. It's not easy to get everyone together to get one, but especially when there are people out of state.
They arrived Friday night and it was just nice to spend some time together.
We were supposed to meet the photographer at 6, but would you believe - it started getting dark and threatening rain? So we went and met her a bit early to try to beat the weather.
As we were finishing, it started to rain! We were so thankful we started early...
Andy and Nikki left on Sunday morning for their 8 hour drive back to Kentucky.
I'll share some of our new photos when we get them!







Lovely photos, dear Mari! It looks like a great time!
ReplyDeleteI think all of these photos are beautiful, dear Mari. The group one is amazing, it isn't easy, not only to have everyone together, but to be able to take the photo and manage to get everyone in it! Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful family weekend, Mari!
ReplyDeleteI love how the little moments -- like sunflowers from the neighbor girls and ice cream after photos --made it extra special.
These are the memories that stay with us.
You got great family photos! Sometimes the candid ones are even better than posed ones. My favorite is the one of Bob and Connor; it is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI especially loved the little details, the neighbour girls bringing sunflowers, the matching grandpa and grandson caps, everyone waiting for their turn with the photographer, and then rushing to beat the rain before coming back for ice cream in their pyjamas. Those are the moments that end up meaning so much years later, and I can understand why you wanted a new family photo when getting everyone together is so difficult. An eight-hour drive each way is no small thing either, so it makes the weekend feel even more precious. I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing the finished photos when you get them. I’ve shared a new post on my blog too.
ReplyDeleteOh my, Mari. Your girls are growing up so quickly...and they are beautiful. Love it that Grandpa and Connor had matching hats. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm really happy that you were able to have all three of your kids and their families together at one time. That's a treasure for sure.
How nice to be together and get wonderful pictures and new memories.
ReplyDeleteCathy
It's hard when everyone doesn't live locally so that makes it all the more special. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and the pictures will be great. I love the grandfather/grandson photo.
ReplyDeleteSuch precious moments together, Mari. I know everyone treasured the family time.
ReplyDeleteHi MARI - The girls are growing up fast- lovely photos. Regards. KEV.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a nice visit. Can’t wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have your son and his wife visiting. It sounds like you all had a great time together. What lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this!! I know you loved every minute the entire family was together!! Now... did you change your living room furniture around? The sofa wasn't in front of the window, if I remember correctly. :) Now I can't wait to see the new photos, and that picture of Bob and Connor is beyond precious!! xo
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the family pictures! It sounds like the weather we had for our session. We ended up moving ours up an hour (all we could do with people coming from different cities) and managed to just beat the rain although we had a lot of wind. Even with the hair flys - it is so good to get an updated photo. And I bet the ones with the grandkids will be adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good looking family you have!
How fun!! Not only quality family time - but nice updated pics too. Your family is so beautiful and I can't wait to see them. The kiddos are getting so big - especially Alaina and Ruby. Glad you could beat the rain...our weather sure likes to keep things interesting here in the north, doesn't it? The pic of Bob and Connor is so precious 😍
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally got family photos taken! It had been a few years since we had ours done so it was nice to get one over the summer!
ReplyDeleteOh that's so delightful Mari. Cherish the times when the entire family is together. I can't believe how grown up Ruby and Alaina are. Can't wait to see the family photos.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love the photo of Connor and Grandpa. What a wall hanger !!
Sue
What a wonderful idea!! I can't wait to see the pictures! It is hard to get everyone together, and so often it only happens for weddings and/or funerals, so I'm glad you decided to make this a special event just for the sake of being together and getting some good pictures! Such a beautiful family! The children grow up so fast, it's hard to keep track!! Glad the weather cooperated long enough!!
ReplyDeleteAww what a beautiful family you have. That breakfast sure looked good.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have everyone back home even for just the weekend. Cannot wait to see the pics. Grandpa Bob and Connor looked so sweet in their matching caps. Janice
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your family photos of your get-togethers with children and grandchildren. These are the best of times . . . You're making memories that will continue on for many many years to come.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful time with all the family together. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful when the whole family spends time together.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs, and how nice for grandpa and grandson to have matching caps :)
All the best Jan
This is so nice and I do hope you will share the photos with us. Sam and I have been talking about doing a family photo, but all our grands are so scattered right now. Glad y'all had this opportunity to get together...Nothing like having family home..
ReplyDelete