We had a wonderful time away with Alaina and Ruby. They are growing up fast and I realize more all the time, that I need to enjoy this time with them. They knew we were going away, but didn't know what we were doing and it was fun to surprise them.
They are animal lovers, and on day one we went to a farm where we were able to reserve a time for them to spend one on one time with miniature highland cows. We also got to be toured around the farm and see other animals and then go on a motorized vehicle to see all the cows in the field. Here's a few pictures.
And oh my - the alpaca's were so cute and friendly!
After spending time with the babies, we took a ride in the fields and saw all the adult cows.
Aren't they beautiful cows?
Then it was on to the hotel, and the joys of the pool!
I'll share more tomorrow!







Dear Mari, you know how much I love ❤️ animals. I am delighted 😊 to see the lop-eared rabbit, the cows, goats and alpacas. And seeing children hold them just puts the icing on the cake for me. I love to see the joy and fascination on their faces.
ReplyDeleteDear Mari, I love the water. Oceans, rivers, fountains, lakes and pools bring me a sense of calm. Hearing the sound of crashing waves or a fountain or waterfall gives me a calm and cooling effect.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
Hi Mari, looks like you all had a great time. Baby animals are so cute. Good to do these things with the girls now. It is harder when they are older. It's hard to get all the grands together and the older grands are busy with their friends. We aren't doing much as we take care of our sick dog Minnie. I have written about her the past month in my post. Looking forward to reading more your vacation!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a wonderful experience for them!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteHi Mari! I've missed seeing you in blogland. You trip with your girlies looks like fun. I know you have been working so hard on that family history book. What a gift that will be for your entire family! I sure hope your air clears up soon. I will be checking back in to read more about your vacation and summer adventures. Have a good week. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThey must have been overjoyed! And the baby Highlands are SO cute! They are all the rage now, and there is highland cow stuff everywhere! I even have a couple!
ReplyDeleteAlpacas are so cute! These are lovely. I think you are such great grandparents!
ReplyDeleteOh, that looks like such a fun time at the farm! Holding baby animals and grooming baby cows! All kinds of fun stuff! What a great idea! And then that pool really looks nice and cool and relaxing! Sounds like a great vacation to me already!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful time with Alaina and Ruby. The farm sounds like such a fun day out and all the animals are so cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect experience to share with your granddaughters, Mari. Those animals are the cutest and so are they!
ReplyDeletethey are both so cute. You are so right Mari, our grands grow up way too fast. I am so thankful for all of the times I had with mine when they were young. I love going back and looking at the photos of theme. These little animals are so precious. I know that this summer has been such a blessing in being able to spend time with Alaina and Ruby.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to be up close and personal with the Highland cows!! My friend, Kalisa, is obsessed with them!! Special times with those sweet girls making forever memories!! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next post!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness those first pictures, of Ruby with the baby goat and Alaina with the flop-eared bunny! Those are going into my folder. How precious! What a great idea, to take them for personal time with baby animals. And wow that pool looks so refreshing. Can't wait to see what else y'all did! xoxo 🏴☠️
ReplyDeleteOh those cows!!! So cute. I want one! Lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip. I'm so glad you're both able to do this with them. They are growing up so fast.
Is there anything cuter than baby animals! Well, just maybe your granddaughters!!!! What a wonderful day and I bet the pool was very popular too
ReplyDeleteAwww, can I be a part of your family??
ReplyDeleteI would love to go to that farm. What darling calfs. They sure have personality.
Your Granddaughters really are growing up and I'm so glad that you are taking special times with them. Such precious memories.
Sue
Oh I love the little baby goats. SOOOO cute.
ReplyDeleteOh what a fun day!! I want to come back in my next life as your grandkiddo. :) You folks have so much fun. What a cool place and Annie & I are cut from the same cloth and would have stayed there all day loving on the babies and playing on the farm. If we didn't live on water I would have wanted land and a hobby farm for sure! Loved all the pics! Blessings xo
ReplyDeleteHow fun! The bunny and the baby goat are so cute! I love Highland cows! They are very popular right now! There is a page I follow in Instagram called Fluffyfeatherfarm and they breed and sell Highland cows.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful experience for the girls :) And yes, the hotel pool is always a hit!
ReplyDeleteThese are such great pictures. What a fun time those two girls must have had.
ReplyDeleteThe baby animals are so cute, and I love the one of the alpacas. They are so funny looking it gave me a smile.
Wow! What a great day ☺️
ReplyDeleteI would have enjoyed going to that farm myself. How wonderful! I always love a baby animal too. Janice
ReplyDeleteAww the alpaca's do look so cute and friendly.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
A very good idea to visit such a place!
ReplyDeleteThe girls are growing so quickly!
Baby animals and a hotel pool? Can you adopt me and take me on your next trip??
ReplyDelete